General Statement of Job
||40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm with some evenings and weekends as needed.
||Salary Commensurate Upon Experience.
||Executive Vice President, Finance & Administration
|Criminal Background Check
||Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Responsible for leadership of the College's Information Technology Division and serves as the college's Chief Technology Officer. The Department of Information Technology includes application development, application management, network services, system administration, IT security, and user support services.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership and vision for the use of information technology as a critical component for the success of the college.
- Provides leadership and oversight of staff, coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions managed.
- Promotes innovative, efficient, effective and shared uses of information technology solutions across the college.
- Develops and implements a Technology Strategic Plan in collaboration with college stakeholders and in alignment with the college's Strategic Plan.
- Meets with various college leaders regularly to ensure the College's technology needs are being met and that the Technology Strategic plan is aligned with the college's Strategic Plan.
- Directs the planning, budgeting, and operations Information Technology Division.
- Develops strategic relationships with various constituencies across the state of Texas as well as in the higher education and corporate community.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Demonstrated expertise in IT project planning, development and implementation.
- Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
- Effective management and leadership models and techniques, including Servant-Leadership Principles.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule which may include some evenings and weekends.
- Providing leadership at all levels of the college.
- Working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Making recommendations that impact the budget.
- Managing the budget within assigned unit/division.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Working effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body and staff.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Use programming languages, web-based applications, database management techniques, and business software applications.
Preferred Work Experience
- Five years related work experience including managerial/strategic experience.
- Ten or more years related work experience including five years managerial/strategic experience.
- Bachelor's degree. Experience cannot be substituted for required, applicable educational level.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
ACC Benefits Overview
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.