The Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education 43rd Annual State Conference marks election year for the At-Large seats of the TABPHE Board of Directors. Nominations are now being accepted! TABPHE is looking for dedicated individuals to serve, lead and enhance our mission. Board Directors are the leadership for the organization, are responsible for managing the affairs of the state association and are empowered to make routine decisions. Nominees must be a paid state member and willing to serve. Please see "Duties and Responsibilities” below before nominating.
- responsible for managing the affairs of the Association and is empowered to make routine decisions for the Association
- Serve as a core individual for committee and taskforce assignments
- serve as at-large generalists who represent the membership and provide a broader perspective on the day-today management of the Association and Board activities
- convene to conduct four (4) face-to-face meetings per year
- participate in monthly conference calls
- must be willing to serve a 2 year term (2016-2018)
- must be an active state member for at least 2 years
- a member cannot be nominated for, nor serve, more than two consecutive terms in a given position
For a list of complete duties, please view the state constitution.
A slate of eligible members will be presented to the paid membership at the 43rdAnnual TABPHE State Conference Business Meeting held on March 3-5, 2016 in Ft. Worth, TX. Voting will take place immediately following the business meeting.Winners will be announced at the conference banquet.
Please submit your nominations to Shaniqua Neal, TABPHE Nominating Committee Chair, 2016 at email@example.com by Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 5pm.